Saturday 5 January 2013

Li Edelkoort trend forecaster




photo Imke Klee
It is not a coincidence that I'm starting the new year post with Lidewij Edelkoort (often called Li) . 

I admire her work since a long time and when I saw a small interview with her on dezeen few days ago, I just wanted to share it with you.  She is a trend forecaster and if you are interested in getting some new perspective or overview of what is going on in the main stream trends in society, fashion or design, you probably would like to watch this video. She explains all the selected pictures I also put in this post. The work of Danish Dmoch I was showing you already here and the Mine Kafon is also very inspiring toy/tool designed by Massoud Hassani.
Li often uses pictures to illustrate her ideas and it is really worth reading and watching her forcatsts. 
At least she really gets to me ;-) Enjoy! 


photo by Thomas Straub for Madé for View on Colour                                                         and photo  by marie taillefer