Thursday, 3 July 2014

The Family by Zed Nelson

The Family by Zed Nelson

" ….. I began this project nineteen years ago. 
The wife of a friend was nine months pregnant, and I had an idea - based on time-lapse photography - to photograph them together, on the same day every year, forever. I planned the shoots in a formal, almost scientific way. Every year, at the same time, against the same backdrop, under the same lighting. This way there are no distractions, only the miracle of growth and the changes of time and age…."

The Family by Zed Nelson
The Family by Zed Nelson
The Family by Zed Nelson

I hear parents saying so often 'the kids grow so fast' … and there is some kind of sadness in it. 
This project by Zed Nelson is grabbing so well the different faces of child's growing up, 
but also how much we change together with them. I just can't stop thinking about it…. 

I'm at the beginning of a long journey, since my boys are 3 and 7, 
so we have still many challenges in front of us, which I'm definitely looking forward to so much. 

You can see the whole project here : zednelson - TheFamily

The Family by Zed Nelson
The Family by Zed Nelson
The Family by Zed Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment